Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Lino printing was not new to me as a process I had experimented with it at secondary school, the only difference being a rapeseed oil canvas, its much tougher to carve than the rubber and looks slightly more like wood as it picks up the textures with each mark made with  the tool. My drawing approach was a real let down for this process, I tried two styles, big and bold, and fine and detailed. The latter approach did me no favors, so few marks of the were picked up by the ink, this meant the drawing was barely transferred it was not recognizable at all. After some research I found I was completely wrong in how I approached the canvas, had a little more thought been put into the actual drawing of the images the outcomes might have been more satisfying. One of them turned out alright.









the less refined approach lends itself much better to lino




the more detailed print, hours to carve and yet still barely recognisable 



the prints


No comments:

Post a Comment