Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Flock and foil was almost exactly the same as screen printing, the only difference was the use of glue instead of ink, this meant a second applicant of flock or metallic colored foils was needed to print the image. Heat sealed the two surfaces exactly like a screen print. I tried a rather finely toned pair of headphones and was very surprised. The mesh was fine enough to pick up most of the detail, this meant the image was complete and very recognizable. It transferred well to most surfaces and I would happily use the image again, although I wasn't ambitious enough to try multiple colors I think with a bit of practice I'll get there.







sketch for flock and foil technique- its headphones



the top one is flock and then the one just above is foil...........

this is the foil sheet which peeled away, i think its better than the print.





No comments:

Post a Comment